14 March 2014

Graffiti Nails - TGR foil review


I found this foil in a TGR shop in Norway, there was a set of 4 foils for Kr. 10 / £1.
They don't need any special foil glue, like the other foils got, so I just had to try them out.
For about a pound its pretty cheap, but would they work? Would it be cool looking?

I didn't think much about it, until I started unpacking and found them in a small plastic bag in one of my trolleys. I pondered upon it for a while and decided to give them a try. The set game with a three metallics (gold, blue and pink) and one multicoloured one. The multicoloured one kinda looked like oil-spill.

How to use:
The instructions are pretty easy. Apply nail polish of choice, and when it gets tacky add foil. To whole nails, or just parts.

I decided to dab it on my nails to create a random effect like graffiti. I used Maybelline - 140 as base colour for this design.






I wore this for a week, and it was as pretty as the day I applied it.
For the record of all things foil. I used Gina Tricot Basecoat and Topcoat for this manicure. They had a 3 for KR 99,- (about £ 10,-) sale while I was in Norway and grabbed a few to try.
Dina Ramse Training and Developement

Secretary, Hiking-entusiast, Gamer and Nail Art Addict.

4 comments:

  1. I love all that color over a sheer base, so pretty! The graffiti effect is really cool, too. Bummer there are no TGR shops in the US. If these foils are really that low maintenance, I'd totally try them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna try them some more, but if the rest of them hold this well (!!) I will be amazed. Never seen this low maintenance foils before. Is so cool. I hope they add more colours to the line.

      The shops can be found in 20 countries all over Europe, so maybe if you have some polish-pushers in those areas, you can ask them to get hold of some for you?

      Delete
  2. Totally agree with Liesl. This foil is very cool, and I've had mixed results with the foils I find over here...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, these foils looks the same as the Bornpretty foils does. The container is exactly like it... coincidence?

      Delete

Let me know what is on your mind, I always reply to comments and love it when you take the time to leave me one.