15 February 2016

OPI - ColorPaints


If you follow me on Instagram, you might have seen a sneak peak of this look already. I had recently picked up some OPI ColorPaints at TK MAXX. I got the OPI - ColorPaints - Chromatic Orange and OPI - ColorPaints - Purple Perspective. Eagerly tried them out.




I'm just starting to get the hang of Instagram, I am sure you will see lot more fun from me there.


For this look I started out with Barry M - Gelly - Cream Soda.  

On my Uber Chic Beauty stamping mat I took a bit of  OPI - ColorPaints - Chromatic Orange and OPI - ColorPaints - Purple Perspective and marbled them together, and pressed a stamper over the marble. I allowed it to dry on the stamping mat as well at that on the stamper head and applied a coat of Out the Door topcoat.  After the decals had dried I applied them to my nails and left one finger as an accent.

The little finger did not turn out quite how I had hoped, but I still think it's a fun look.


Barry M - Cream Soda, marbled nail art using 
OPI - ColorPaints - Chromatic Orange and OPI - ColorPaints - Purple Perspective


I quite like the idea of these ColorPaints, and will be cool to see what other looks I can pull together with these.

Dina Ramse Training and Developement

Secretary, Hiking-entusiast, Gamer and Nail Art Addict.

16 comments:

  1. Love it! I can't make up my mind on whether or not I want the color paints, I look forward to seeing what else you come up with :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny story I actually didn't intend to keep them when I purchased them... But making this look won me over.

      Delete
  2. I like the look and I think you could do a lot of fun with these polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great mani. I love how it looks like watercolors. I really need to try some BarryM polishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love me some Barry M's I think I got the entire Gelly range now, and have loved every one of them.

      Delete
  4. Very nice dry marble. Looks like there are dragon eyes on the ring finger and pinky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So it's not just me thinking there is a dragon eye there! Fantastic!

      Delete
  5. They look like water decals!! Love the outcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Pretty sure I have seen water decals like this as well. haha

      Delete
  6. These look so pretty, I thought they were going to be nail wraps haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous! Great idea making them on the mat, bet that saved on the dreaded clean-up ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really did. I actually put off trying something like this until I had the mat for that very reason

      Delete
  8. i have a mini set of the Color Paints, but have no idea what to do with them yet! I got mine at TJ Maxx too :) Marbling is an idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally do some marbling with them. Works great

      Delete

Let me know what is on your mind, I always reply to comments and love it when you take the time to leave me one.