15 January 2016

Tribute to David Bowie


As many of you may have heard David Bowie (link to the official fan site) is no longer with us. After battling cancer for 18 months, he died peacefully surrounded by his family.

The man who released "Space Oddity" in 1969, which was his commercial breakthrough, did the introduction to The Snowman in 1982, considered to be among the top 100 Rock Artist Of All Time by Rolling Stone magazine, and even has a spider named in his honor. 

There are many more things that can be said about this iconic artists, his latest album has received great reviews, and I am so happy to have lived in the same time as him.

Today I have a nail art look inspired by one of David Bowie's many eclectic outfits.  The striped bodysuit from the Aladdin Sane tour in 1973 to be specific.



For this look I used Barry M - Quick Dry - Pit Stop, which reminded me why I haven't bought the rest of Barry M's Quick Dry collection, the polish goes on smooth, but ones dried it leaves tiny bubbles on my nails. Ugh. Barry M - Quick Dry - Pit Stop is seen below with two coats.


Barry M - Quick Dry - Pit Stop

Luckily, I am covering it up with a stamp, using Wet N Wild - Black Creme, like that was a surprise, and Bundlemonster BM-221.


Tribute to David Bowie and his striped bodysuit from the Aladdin Sane tour (1978)


Dina Ramse Training and Developement

Secretary, Hiking-entusiast, Gamer and Nail Art Addict.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what is on your mind, I always reply to comments and love it when you take the time to leave me one.