2 June 2016

Follow The Milkyway


A product in this post was purchased using an affiliate discount and nail polish was previously sent for swatching purposes.

Kids can be naughty from time to time. It's a fact. They bend rules, and push limits.

I remember the first time I disobeyed the rules regarding bedtime; it was the night of the Leonid Meteor Shower in November of 1998 (kinda makes me feel old...). It was around 3 am, and I had  managed to sneak out of the house and out to a large field of dirt, the potatoes all gone, not far from where I lived. 
I had asked to be allowed to see it, but was told it was not for young girls, and it was far to late at night. That, and there was wolves in the area, having killed our sheep and goat just the year before...
I was prepared with blankets and layers of woollen clothes to fight off the Norwegian Chill. 

There, alone in the dark I got to see the most spectacular view in my life. It has to be the longest I have ever sat completely still, and I didn't return back inside until it was well after 5 am. No one had notice, and I never told them about it. 

I wanted to start with this story, because it was that night that I started to truly be fascinated by the night-sky, and whenever there is a meteor shower, lunar/solar eclipse I try to get to see them. 
Earlier this year I sat on the roof to one of my dear friends in Norway, both wrapped in blankets on a sun chair looking at a meteor shower. It was magical.
It was reminiscing over these moments in my life, that inspired me to create this look.  


Starry Nail Art
Opulent Essences - Gravity over black with waterdecals and some simple dotticure.


Midnight blue polish
Opulent Essences - Gravity 





A product in this post was purchased using an affiliate discount and nail polish was previously sent for swatching purposes.
Dina Ramse Training and Developement

Secretary, Hiking-entusiast, Gamer and Nail Art Addict.

2 comments:

  1. Love the story and the nails look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So glad you liked my little story as well, you never know with these things :)

      Delete

Let me know what is on your mind, I always reply to comments and love it when you take the time to leave me one.