23 January 2015

NAYLL - I Found Loot


Nothing to disclose, all items in this post was bought with my own money

Today I have for you a nail polish that I made. A Franken. Well, this one is a bit different, as I didn't mix it myself, but I did choose what was going in it. You might have hear about NAYLL before. If not, you are about to.

For those of you that have followed my blog for a while, knows that I have made my own polishes before. I am not a complete virgin to "Frankening", if you are, I can tell you that:
Frankening (fránk-ən-ing) – The DIY practice of mixing one’s own unique nail polish using glitter, micas, pigments or eye shadow with clear or other polishes.
Makes a bit more sense now doesn't it.
At NAYLL you find a huge list of "ingredients" (glitters) that goes in a polish, so that YOU can get the polish you have always dreamed about.

DESIGN WHATEVER YOU CAN IMAGINE!
 Sara Harvey, Founder, NAYLL

I have always wanted a nail polish called: I found loot. I imagined it with round glitters in copper and gold. Those epic moment when you are playing Dungeons And Dragons with your friends, and you come across a chest lined in red velvet, filled with monies. That is what I wanted the polish to be for me. A bridge between two hobbies. My nerdiness meeting my nails. Tales with epic glory, with epic nails. What more can a girl dream about?

I made two polishes at NAYLL, but for now, I will only show you this one. I will make a separate post when the weather gets better for the second polish. I named the other one "Fields of Marigold", so you understand why I need it to be more spring like outside before I use it.

I made this polish around April/May last year, I believe... The nail polish has been on an adventure before making it to me. It was the early days of the company and they did not have a very good shipping option for us Europeans. For a couple of polishes it will cost you $23.50 (tax incl.).

As I could only afford a couple of polishes back then, being without a job and all, I had it shipped to a beautiful lady in the US, and she sent it to me with a couple of other polishes I also wanted. As Paying shipping for both separately, was out of the question.
We all love nail-mail so I added a picture. 

NAYLL _ NAIL MAIL!

Don't you just LOVE the wrapping?! It was a dream to pick this up.

Sara is so cool that she even included a hand-written letter to me.
Here you can see my two custom polishes. Furthest to the left is "Fields of Marigold", and next to it is "I Found Loot". I remember having a conversation with my nail-friend Mishka that I wanted to call it something else, but I can not for the life of me remember what that was.
Anyhow. The intended full name of the polish I am going to show you in this post is "I Found Loot In A Hopeless Place", but that exceeded the 35 characters you can have on the bottle.



If you where curious as to what I wanted from the US, well... I needed more of the Wet n Wild - Black Creme, as it is my go-to stamping polish, and it was almost empty.

As a bonus, Mishka also sent me a franken of her own called "Irish Rain". This is particularity funny, as I live in Northern Ireland. I saw it on her blog, and said it was gorgeous, and she was so nice and sent it to me. I have it in a Plexiglas box on my desk.

She also sent me this very mysterious colour changing blue polish. I LOVE blues, so YAY to me!
I wuvve my Mishka! If you wanna send some love to her, I have added a link to her post about "Irish Rain", and here is a link to her main page. 

I think I have chatted for long enough now. Anyone wanna see what NAYLL - I Found Loot looks like? Below you can see a picture with ONE coat of "I Found Loot" over H&M - Red.



Want to make your own? Head over to NAYLL by clicking _HERE_



Nothing to disclose, all items in this post was bought with my own money
Dina Ramse Training and Developement

Secretary, Hiking-entusiast, Gamer and Nail Art Addict.

2 comments:

  1. I love you too!! And that glitter over that red is HOT!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOT like lava, isn't it? Maybe that should be the next design idea for this polish. Some yellow and burnt orange for background. Could be cool...

      Delete

Let me know what is on your mind, I always reply to comments and love it when you take the time to leave me one.